I apologize for not posting for so long. Things have been hectic. Here’s a summary of recent developments:
- I was accepted to the Executive MBA program at the University of Washington. I’m very excited about this! I’ve met some of my classmates and they are outstanding!
- Heidi and I had a miscarriage. You can read Heidi’s posts about it here and here. It was yet another opportunity to see the Lord’s hand guide us through difficult times and many other opportunities to admire the strength of my magnificent wife.
- I got an article published in Risk Management magazine. It will come out in August 2008. It’s about lessons learned running an ERM program. I’ll link to it when it comes out.
- I finished my last Certified Risk Manager (CRM) class. If I passed, I’ll update you here.
With school coming up and work getting busy, I may not be posting much. I’ll do my best, though. Also, I may start posting about Enterprise Risk Management, the health insurance industry and other things like that. I’ll try to make it as interesting as possible. I know, good luck.
Also, Heidi tagged me with “6 Unimportant Things About Me”. My first response? Only six?! Well, I’ll try to whittle it down.
- I got into BYU by getting a 1/2 tuition scholarship for Euphonium performance. BYU turns down people with 6.0 GPAs (thanks to AP classes) and 36 ACT scores, so I was VERY lucky to get in with my 2.78 GPA and my 21 ACT score. Yeah, I didn’t study much in high school.
- I play a mean guitar. My favorite genres are classical guitar, blues and folk (like Simon & Garfunkel).
- My high school self and my post-high school self are almost completely different in every way. In high school, I didn’t have many friends, I got horrible grades, I stunk at math and was very insecure. Now, I feel like I have a ton of great friends, I get good grades on stuff, I love math and am reasonably secure. I still get intimated by large groups of people I don’t know.
- I don’t watch TV. Not only does it waste time, but almost all programs are crap, either because they’re just full of sex and violence or because they’re completely aimed at promoting a certain viewpoint without making that bias known. I think TV is one of the best examples of a great idea, poorly executed.
- I love food. My favorites are: panang nuea (Thai coconut curry beef), a super burrito of asada with crema, lamb gyro with feta and extra tsatziki sauce and, of course, a McDonald’s quarter pounder with cheese and extra large fries. With a mint Oreo blizzard to wash it down with. Yeah, I need to work out more.
- I speak fluent Spanish and somewhat fluent Italian. I spoke Spanish on my mission to San Jose, CA and I took an Italian class at BYU after my mission. Italian was similar enough to Spanish that I picked it up. I’ve lost a lot of it, though.
I tag anybody who reads this post.